The field activities are primarily based in Nawalparasi and Kathmandu districts. GTN targets its programmes towards marginalized and poor women and young girls; those who are unable to access key health services and less empowered at the family and societal level. The approach focuses on individual and family behaviour change through a number of activities:
• REFLECT groups – a group-based empowerment model that supports health promotion activities and rights based advocacy. Currently operational groups include adolescent boys groups, adolescent girls group, mother in laws groups, health promotion groups and young/pregnant mother’s group
• Home visits – This approach reaches women and families who are isolated and do not come out of their homes;
• Mass events- encourage behaviour change through promotion of healthy behaviours and use of drama and panel discussions.
• Support to local health facilities- is given to the local health facilities in the form of training, capacity building and staff support.
• Birthing Center establishment and operation- GTN in collaboration with Karuna Germany, Green Tara Trust UK and District Health Office Nawalparsi is currently in the process of operating birthing center in Thulo Khairatawa VDC of Nawalparasi district
• Support to Outreach Clinic
• Meeting with Female Community Health Volunteer
(Please refer annual reports for detailed information on GTN’s activities and achievements)