Response to Covid-19
Global pandemic of Covid-19 has heavily affected the life of Nepalese people. Health workers at the peripheral level, school teachers, Female Community Health Volunteers and women and children in the project districts were at risk of the infection.
GTN supports the government at local level for raising awareness, promoting healthy behaviours and preventing infection. In response to the COVID-19 outbreak in Nepal, GTN is working in the following area in close coordination with local government, partner and stakeholders.
Ten things we must do better in health promotion during the COVID-19 outbreak
· We must better protect frontline workers.
· We must better shield vulnerable people in society.
· We must better use social science to understand the complexity of societies.
· We must better respect the culture and needs of communities.
· We must better work with communities in slum settings.
· We must better strengthen social networks to support communities.
· We must better support the mobilization of volunteers to help other people.
· We must better use our common sense and not rely on weak “evidence”.
· We must better support non-COVID19 health promotion issues.
· We must better involve communities in the COVID19 outbreak response.